NVA is continuing to allow a 30 day grace period for premium payment.
Furloughed / laid off employees are permitted to remain on the benefit plan as long as the employer is paying the full monthly premium for their active members.
Upon rehire, members can return without a waiting period , however, their original start date will continue to be their start date. It will not be adjusted to their rehire date.
Employees who have a reduction in hours may remain on the benefit plan as long as the employer is paying the full monthly premium for their active members.
As the country continues to re-open during the COVID-19 pandemic, so do the eye care provider locations that participate in the NVA provider network. With these openings, come a few changes.
The American Optometric Association (AOA) explains what changes can be expected at one's next eye doctor’s visit:
- Strict protocols for cleaning and sterilization of the office
- Possible temperature readings in the office to check for COVID-19 symptoms
- Social distance practices including limiting number of patients in waiting room
- Staff and patients may be required to wear face masks and/or gloves
- Limitation on hours of operation
If an individual or someone in their household is sick, it is recommended that they stay home. Anyone that already has a scheduled eye doctor’s appointment, should call to reschedule for a time when they, or their sick family member, is better.